Friday, June 10, 2022

John is Gone. Rest In Peace, I will See You Soon.

 Life has changed dramatically, as my step father John passed away on April 22, 2022.  It was absolutely shocking and unexpected and has since been one of the most devastating losses and feelings of mental agony and sadness that I've ever experienced. I am very motivated to do what I can to make sure he is remembered and honored, and I've taken my first step by contacting and scheduling a meeting with the local Knights of Columbus, which he was very closely involved in for decades doing charity and raising money to help homeless and suffering people. He was also is a Navy veteran from the late 1970's.  He raised a family successfully and put his kids through college, and accomplished the American dream that he had in mind for himself. The impact he had on my life can not be done justice with the English language, but I will say I am more like him than my own biological father in many ways and always will be, and I experienced what it was like to live in a nuclear family in the USA because of him and the sacrifices he made to take care of my mother, sister and I.  We had an excellent relationship the last 7-8 years and it got closer and better as time went on and we were closer than we ever were since I was a little boy and I am grateful for that, but still life will be different without him here and I have done a lot of reflecting on life and have a lot more to do. RIP John R Cokefair, my step father, and the man who raised me as his own son and provided for me and nurtured me through my childhood years into my teenage years.  He is essentially, my elder, my male role model in life along with my biological father, and he treated me with generosity and taught me about respect.

https://www.shorepointfh.com/obituary/John-Cokefair

No comments:

Post a Comment